INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM IN ARIZONA
The Advantages of IOP Arizona Services at Changes
Table of Contents
Intensive outpatient programs are a key stepping stone to help you segue from residential inpatient treatment to a less restrictive form of therapy. They are key to helping improve your mental health, shore up skills that lead to lesser chances of relapse, and offer the support needed to manage your substance use issues.
Intensive outpatient program Arizona services like our offerings at Changes Healing Center can help. Whether for yourself or a loved one, our IOP program can offer an effective mix of flexibility and accountability designed to meet each client’s specific needs.
Changes Healing Center offers a robust intensive outpatient program (IOP) that caters to all of your individual needs. We believe in treating each person as wholly unique and focus on a person-centered approach to a treatment plan. If you want a customized treatment plan that helps you face down addiction, we can help.
Which Therapies Are Included in IOPs?
IOPs offer many of the same therapies and services as those offered by residential or inpatient rehab programs. The benefit of an intensive outpatient program (IOP) is that it allows you a greater degree of flexibility to return to the routines of your day-to-day life. You get the same robust treatment options with the added benefits of engaging with your family and possibly even returning to work.
Here are a few of the different therapies that you might attend in intensive outpatient programs based on your individual needs, mental health concerns, and substance use issues.
Group Counseling at Our Intensive Outpatient Program in Arizona
Group counseling and therapy are major components of most IOPs. Group therapy helps patients strengthen their communication skills, provides a norm that reinforces healthy behaviors, and establishes a strong support network for those who benefit from staying connected with peers in recovery.
Some of the groups that you may attend include educational programming, implementing new coping skills, or just discussing your progress with others. In addition to group therapy sessions like these, you may also attend group sessions through programs like Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous that can help you stay sober between appointments.
Individual Counseling Sessions
Individual counseling is another major component of IOPs that helps patients address immediate problems that may have stemmed from addiction, such as divorce or strained family relationships. Changes Healing Center offers a number of services that can improve mental health and substance use disorders including both cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy.
Cognitive behavioral therapy looks at how your thoughts and feelings influence your overall actions. By taking control of this cycle at an early stage, you can alter the outcomes of what you will do when you encounter certain thoughts or feelings. Primarily, this aims to modify your actions surrounding cravings and triggers to use.
Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) focuses on mindfulness and coping skills that can guide you through a challenging situation. You might learn some forms of meditation, guided imagery, or relaxation techniques that make you less likely to turn to alcohol abuse or drug abuse when you feel unstable.
Psychoeducational programming involves group discussions among patients that facilitate positive changes in their emotions and behaviors. Learning more about the mechanisms of addiction and how you can prevent them from taking over your life is essential. An intensive outpatient program sets you up for long-term success because it allows you to learn more about your condition.
Medication Management for Addiction and Mental Health Disorders
Meanwhile, pharmacotherapy and medication management may be used to treat alcohol addiction, opioid use disorder, and co-occurring mental health disorders. We can assess what medications might benefit you the most and monitor your reaction to them so that we can achieve your desired results.
This is a highly individual process and should not be taken lightly. There are no one-size-fits-all solutions to the pharmaceutical approach to mental health on your recovery journey. Whether you have bipolar disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, or some other mental health struggle, we can help you find a balance for your medications.
Medication management is a core component of your treatment because it also allows you to learn how to take your medications responsibly. This is a key component of your treatment plan and allows them to work most effectively on your behalf.
Our Approach To Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
No two intensive outpatient programs are going to be identical. Some, like those found at Changes Healing Center, are going to offer comprehensive care for your substance use. We prioritize your mental health every step of the way and can help treat co-occurring mental health disorders in our IOP program just as we can during a more intensive partial hospitalization program.
At Changes Healing Center Drug and Alcohol Rehab we help patients progress in their recovery with our Intensive Outpatient Program in Arizona by providing the following:
- Individual therapy sessions: You will work one-on-one with counseling staff to tailor your treatment to your unique needs, whether that means CBT, DBT, or some other combination of techniques.
- Group therapy sessions: Get the support of others who understand what you are going through and can offer advice and peer support. This is also a great time for education on issues pertaining to substance use disorders and the implementation of coping skills.
- Medication management: Treatment sometimes involves medication, so be sure to keep up with your doctor through this medication management piece.
- Co-occurring mental health disorder treatment: Substance use does not always occur in a vacuum. If you have underlying mental health issues that underscore your substance use, IOP can help you address them and receive therapy.
- Relapse-prevention training: Many people find themselves relapsing when they leave the comfort and security of a residential treatment center. Relapse prevention training can minimize your risk and help you to get back to sobriety if you do slip up.
- Trauma therapies like EMDR: A history of trauma or post-traumatic stress disorder can interfere with your ability to make progress on a treatment plan. Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy (EMDR) is proven to help, and Changes Healing Center is proud to offer this service.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): Learn how your thoughts and feelings influence your actions while taking steps to arrest the cycle before it leads to relapse.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT): Learn how to take action on things that once felt too impossible to tackle. Accept your emotions and commit to moving to a higher level of functioning throughout this treatment modality.
- Mindfulness: Mindfulness is at the core of dialectical behavior therapy and can teach you to stay in the present moment, even when it feels uncomfortable.
- Family therapy: Oftentimes, family relationships are strained when people enter into intensive therapy for their substance use. This gives everyone a safe outlet to explore their past hurts and move forward in a way that works for every member of the family.
When your mental health requires the utmost care, you need an intensive outpatient program (IOP) to take a step back and evaluate what you truly need. This enables us to see what areas need to be shored up in order to take you to the next level of freedom from substance use and mental health concerns.
Convenience and Sustainability for the Healing Process
Structured treatment can only take place when it is convenient for you to attend all scheduled sessions, whether that is individual therapy, group therapy, or family counseling. Your recovery journey requires you to be an active participant at every stage of the process. Finding intensive outpatient programs that offer the full continuum of services that you may need can be a major challenge.
You want comprehensive care that is tailored to your unique situation with a convenient location for you to travel to each day, especially if you will be visiting five days a week as is customary in IOP programs.
The good news is that Changes Healing Center offers proven addiction treatment options: with inpatient programs, IOP, and partial hospitalization programs offered right in the heart of Phoenix, AZ.
Changes is also convenient for clients from the East Valley, including:
This makes it convenient for you to attend from almost anywhere in Arizona and makes it easier for your family to attend your sessions as well. Don’t let location and proximity to services hold you back from getting the help you need.
Our IOP is centrally located with programs convenient to Tempe and locations throughout the Greater Phoenix Valley so it can be a sustainable option for you, no matter how long you require our support and services.
Receive the Help You Need from Intensive Outpatient Programs
Intensive outpatient programs are a great steppingstone from residential treatment back to the real world. They offer a sliding scale of support that allows you to get the help you need and scale back whenever you start to feel ready to resume your regular life without drugs or alcohol.
An IOP program is a great place to further your recovery journey, and alongside our partial hospitalization programs, is a perfect alternative (or complement) for our inpatient rehab programs so that you continue receiving support for lasting recovery from addiction concerns.
Proven IOP Options for Arizona at Changes Healing Center
Changes Healing Center is proud to offer intensive outpatient programs conveniently located in Phoenix, Arizona. We offer every possible service you may need to conquer your mental health concerns, implement new coping skills, and manage your medication during addiction treatment. We also offer a residential treatment program to get you through the early days of sobriety.
If you think that you are ready to move into outpatient treatment and learn more healthy coping mechanisms, reach out to us at Changes Healing Center today. We would love to talk with you about our options for treatment so that you can achieve sobriety.
Reach out for a confidential consultation today, and get options for recovery programs now!